Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 4.5 cups uncooked cauliflower rice
- 2/3 cup diced onions
- 1 cup finely diced red and green peppers
- 3 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (sub for mushrooms if you're allergic)
- 1 cup panko crumbs (I used gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 TBSP parsley
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 3 TBSP Worchester sauce
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 TBSP liquid aminos (soy sauce or tamarind sauce could work here)
- 3 TBSP Tomato paste
- Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper (optional)
- BBQ sauce (optional)
- Combine worchester sauce, 2 TBSP olive oil, liquid aminos, tomato paste, liquid smoke in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine panko crumbs and cornmeal in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Blend chickpeas and almond milk (you could also smash chickpeas and whisk in milk slowly).
- Sautee onions, garlic and red/green pepper mix with 1 TBSP olive oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sautee cauliflower until soft. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. You will want to drain any excess fluid from the cauliflower using a cheesecloth or using a strainer with small holes. Return the cauliflower to your sautee pan.
- Add walnuts and mushrooms to your cauliflower. Sautee. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley and thyme, and remove from heat.
- Mix wet ingredients into your mushroom, walnut, cauliflower mix.
- Slowly mix in your chickpea and milk mix.
- Add panko and cornmeal mix.
- Line a nonstick loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer loaf mix to pan, and bake on 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until "knife test" comes back clean.
- Brush loaf top with your favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy!
If your meatloaf is too moist, cook longer until your knife test comes out clean.